Why mockup packaging is proving essential for successful food product launches in flexible packaging
There’s no question, whether a start-up company or an established brand or designer, printed mock up packaging has become a key element of success in retail consumer sales. Development teams consisting of production, design, marketing and sales are consistently using prototypes to ensure their final packaging is ready hit the shelf successfully with maximum impact.
It’s not hard to see why – when you consider the capabilities of Digital print technology it’s possible to get just one or two fully printed mockup packs using heat seal production materials all matched to pantone. With pillow packs, flow-wraps, pouches and lidding being brought to life within short time frames – opportunities to review elements of design, branding and marketing are being created at little cost.
Given the total value invested in product development, using mock-ups during the development phase ensures the product has been checked by all stakeholders. From internal teams to prospective buyers and consumer panels, getting to touch, feel and see product before full production provides invaluable feedback. In many cases this is preventing issues post launch, as the design and pack format has been optimized early on and potential issues ironed out.
The top 10 benefits of using mockup flexible packaging
- All finished pack formats can be mocked up, from flow wrap to pillow pack, quad seal bag to stand up pouch and more.
- You can prepare for all eventualities in a product’s lifetime – it may begin life as a pouch and end up as a flow wrap; you can witnes s the full journey before even starting.
- All materials catered for, with single ply or laminates including OPP, OPP/OPP, PET/PE, KRAFT PAPER/PE, clear, metalized and white structures.
- Features and closures – zippers, euro holes, tear notches, handles, shapes, rounded corners.
- Colour accuracy and proofing – digitally printed pantone matching and setting the colour standard on the actual material you’re using before printing.
- Ability to check the sizing one final time before committing to a larger production run.
- Great for sales pitches, presentations, internal marketing, photoshoots, TV adverts, trade shows and buyer samples.
- Ability to personalise to help engage with others, be it a buyer or company.
- Shelf presence testing – placing pack next to your competitors to ensure it stands out.
- Decision making – if you have a number of design ideas or branding ideas, use mockups to see your concepts on pack to gain a real life insight into its visual impact
If you’re a growing business, emerging or established brand, or even a curious packaging enthusiast, prototype packaging can be easily achieved in 10 days or less.
Find out how to get your concept printed now by contacting Digimock today. They offer a FREE MOCKUP with every full production order, and as a special launch offer we are offering an additional FREE MOCKUPwith every mockup order too.